Monday, January 3, 2011

Car battery replacement - Amaron Battery

My car is giving me sign of weak battery since last month, my current battery is Yuasa and bought from Kah motor in Aug 2009. It is only 1 year 3 months and there is sign of weak battery... okay the price I bought is at a reasonable price, $80.

So my friend recommend me this lobang for Amaron battery. I had been checking around for this car battery price, everywhere selling high price, from $150 to $160. With this recommendation, I got mine for $95, very good price and include installation.

On this day, I made appointment to replace my car battery. If not one day if cannot start, then will be in deep trouble. Below are some photos for the battery replacement sequences:

My "Yuasa" battery, note that the date installed is Aug 2009.

The guy did a battery check test and connect the battery terminals for a fast reading. And the result really show a low reading. He told me anything below 300 CCA is considered a low reading. And if reach 200, then the battery will be dead! My reading is as shown below, 216 CCA, near to 200, so it will die anytime. Lucky I decide to change it within these few days, if not who can come to my rescue if it fail to start?

My weak battery reading of 216 CCA.


The Amaron battery in the original box.


The battery removed from the box.

Ok, after unpacking, the guy connect a backup battery to my battery terminal. If not, all my audio will be reset to default settings if the current battery is disconnected. Actually I thought is start the car then he will remove the old battery and install the new one. But he say this method works too. So I let him try it out.

The close up view on the box, it read 35AH, not sure of the rest of the reading. This is the smallest size, but Honda City is this size so have to use the same size.


The guy proceed to dismantle the old battery and install the new one, not easy job, have to remove the bracket and remove the external cover. He also sweat alot, guess not an easy task replacing battery. And soon my new battery is installed and I start it for the first time. It start without much difficulty but abit of slight delay. He told me it is normal as the battery is still new and need to charge...

 
Good reading of 330 CCA, above 300 CCA is a strong battery!

My new battery reading of 12.4V, although abit low, but the guy assure me new battery will have some discharge, just need to drive around to let it charge and it will be as good!

Finally everything done and I paid the guy for his hardwork. Good and friendly service he have. For those of you who want his contact, here it goes:

Quik Mobile Services, Mr Lee K B, Mobile: 9765 7734

I had got his permission to advertise his contact, if in doubt, pls quote you got his contact through my recommendation or call him to check for prices. No regret for his good service!

Okay, till then, stay posted for next post...

6 comments:

viji said...

Thank you for the info. It sounds pretty user friendly. I guess I’ll pick one up for fun.



Amaron Battery in Chennai

HappyCity said...

No problem. :-)

Guria Qazi said...

very nice information about battery replacement though Car batteries tend to last longer if located inside the vehicle rather than under the hood
and you will rarely ever see one corrode.

Unknown said...

I think choosing right battery for your car, when you are looking to replace your car battery is important. amaron provides you great batteries.
Car Battery Assistance

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post; Battery is the only source that assists to prevent us from the power demanding time, so choice of your battery should give at least minimum power consumption so better to buy your batteries from the battery authorized dealers
Regards,
Exide battery dealers in chennai |Exide inverter battery

Unknown said...

I am reading your post from the beginning, it was so interesting to read & I feel thanks to you for posting such a good blog, keep updates regularly.
Battery dealers in chennai