Friday, January 8, 2010

Misty Fog Light

Last year December 2009. due to the rainy season, as I was driving through the heavy rain, one of my fog lamp was filled with water vapour. The picture below shows how bad the condition is:

This is the pathetic look of my fog lamp after going through a heavy thunderstorm.

This is not the first time I witness this and I brought it to Kah motor. Upon inspection, they claim my bodykit might have caused this and the bulb is not original. What logic is this? I requested to speak to their supervisor.
The supervisor told me nothing could be done as this is consider an accessories and warranty is only 6 months from date of purchase. I ask them what is the use of doing servicing at Kah motor when I couldn't even claim this repair. They told me this is a separate issue. I am very dissapointed with them and ask them to quote the price of a new one. Guess what, the price is $378.56, haven't include installation charge! I left without a second thought!


I am left with no choice but to source for a new one. I keep sourcing around for the original part and most of the shops don't sell. I had checked with McWell Ventures, Silent, Chuan Lee Hin, but none of them have stock. Then I recall about the Honda stockist, Thian Seng Motors. I made a trip to their branch at Bukit Merah and they kindly flip through their catalog. They found the part number (33901-SEL-T61) and they order it for me. Oh, finally I found it and the price is $160. Considered reasonable for Honda part and better than Kah motors who quoted me $378.56!

2 days later, they call me up to collect and this is the original fog lamp packaging.



Finally I received my new fog lamp, after I open up the packaging, I quickly compare it with my existing one. It is exactly the same and the label indicate " Made in Japan", but the shop person told me it is from Thailand. But I wouldn't bother much as long as it is original from Honda.

I brought it to Autobacs @ Bukit Batok and the pit crew install it in less than 15 minutes and I paid $20 labour charge. Hmm, consider it cheap and a job done fast. Hope this new one would not give me any more problems.

No comments: